1. An independent council named “Competition Protection Council” shall be established. It shall be located in the Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
2. A Royal Order shall be issued for the formation of the Council as follows:
The Minister of Commerce and Industry Chairman
A representative of the Ministry of Commerce and Industry Member
A representative of the Ministry of Finance Member
A representative of the Ministry of Economy & Planning Member
A representative of the General Investment Authority Member
Four members of expertise and competence selected for their merits and nominated by the Minister.
3. The term of membership in the Council shall be four years renewable for one term. The Council member shall remain in his post upon expiration of his term until a successor is appointed.
4. The Council shall convene headed by the chairman or whomever he deputizes of the members and with the attendance of two thirds of the members. Council’s decisions shall be taken by majority vote, and in case of equal votes, the chairman shall have the casting vote
5. Council members may not disclose any information they obtain as a result of their membership in the Council.
6. A Council member may not participate in the deliberation of any case or subject matter in which he has an interest or with which he has a relation, or if he is related by blood or marriage to any of the parties involved, or if he has represented any of the parties concerned.