1) Approve draft general plans and policies, as well as laws of
competition and submitting the same according to the related legal
2) Determine the goals
and policies, which the Authority may adopt to achieve purposes thereof,
as well as adoption of necessary programs and supervision over the
3) Issue the Regulations, as well as the rules and procedures indicated in Section (1) of Third Article of the Statute.
4) Adopt the internal
financial and administrative bylaws of the Authority, provided that such
bylaws shall include determination of the conditions for appointment as
well as remuneration, benefits, rights, commitments, and job practices
of Authority’s employees.
5) Approve taking
actions of inquiry, research, collecting evidences, as well as
investigation to reveal practices and violations that prejudice
6) To approve on
proceeding with lawsuits related to anti-competitive practices and
undertaking the necessary legal actions, except for violations related
to the disclosure of classified information by board members or the
staff of the Authority.
7) Name employees who have power of enforcement regarding application of the provisions of the Law.
8) Name Investigators and Public Prosecution Representatives regarding application of the provisions of the Law.
9) Approve reconciliation with violating facilities according to provisions of the Law and Regulations.
10) Settle the applications of economic concentration, according to provisions of the Law and Regulations.
11) Adopt the organizational structure of the Authority.
12) Form permanent or
temporary committees from members thereof or for others, which shall be
assigned with tasks as might be deemed appropriate. Resolution of
formation shall determine the chairman as members of each committee, in
addition to competencies and term for execution of the tasks thereof.
13) Approve the establishment of offices for the Authority within the regions as may be needed.
14) Appoint one auditor (or more) for the accounts of the Authority, and determine remuneration thereof.
15) Approve the Board’s
annual draft budget, final account, Auditor’s report and annual report,
in preparation for submitting the same according to the legal
16) Determine the financial return for the services provided by Authority.
17) Give opinion regarding laws, policies and decisions related to competition.
The Board may delegate
some of the tasks above mentioned to the Governor as may be required by
work progress within the Authority, provided that the same shall occur
only through written resolution and for a specified period.